Ronaldo joint-fourth highest-earning celebrity of the past 12 months

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has been named the joint-fourth highest-earning celebrity of the past 12 months by Forbes Magazine.

According to Forbes, Ronaldo earned $88million (£66m) in the last year, the same amount as US television host Dr Phil McGraw and $6.5m (£4.9m) more than Barcelona rival Lionel Messi, who was eighth on the list.

In addition to his Real Madrid salary and bonuses, which Forbes reports amounts to $50m (£38m), Ronaldo also has lucrative sponsorship deals with Nike, Tag Heuer, Sacoor Brothers suits and Monster headphones.

The 31-year-old, who has won three Ballons D Or, captained Portugal to European Championship glory at the weekend, despite leaving the 1-0 final defeat of hosts France after 25 minutes with a knee injury.

Belgium v Finland: Hazard backs squad to cope without Kompany

Stand-in captain Eden Hazard is adamant Belgium can cope without Vincent Kompany at Euro 2016 ahead of their friendly with Finland on Wednesday.

The clash at the King Baudouin Stadium in Brussels is Belgium s penultimate match before the tournament, where skipper Hazard will hope for better fortune following a tough club season with Chelsea.

The 2014-15 PFA Player of the Year managed only six goals as his Chelsea team meekly surrendered the Premier League title, limping to a 10th place finish.

But a thigh injury to Manchester City centre-back Kompany has seen Hazard elevated to captain.

Yet Hazard believes the world s second-ranked nation can cope without the leadership of Kompany because of the quality in the squad.

Obviously we ve lost our cap…

J.League wrap: Sato doubles sends Hiroshima top

Sanfrecce Hiroshima moved to the top of the J.League with a 3-0 win over Kawasaki Frontale on Saturday.

Hisato Sato scored a double inside 20 minutes after Kohei Shimizu s opener in the second minute as Sanfrecce moved ahead of Vegalta Sendai on goals scored, with both level on 36 points and +19 goal difference.

Sato s 14 goals leads the league s golden boot standings.

Vegalta missed their chance to stay top as they were held by Nagoya Grampus on the road in a goalless draw.

Kashiwa Reysol recovered from two goals down to win an enthralling match with Shimizu S-Pulse 5-3.

Australian Alex Brosque put the home side 3-1 up in the second half before Kashiwa scored four goals in the last 15 minutes, including two in stoppage time, to collect all three…

Giovinco reveals Juve romance

Sebastian Giovinco said he has never stopped loving Juventus, and confessed returning to his boyhood club is a dream come true.

The 25-year-old is a product of the Juve youth academy, but left the club for Parma in 2010 on a co-ownership deal after failing to secure regular first team action at the Old Lady.

He re-joined the Turin giants this off-season after an impressive season at the Ennio Tardini, and expressed his delight to have finally come home .

I had lost hope that I could still return to Juve in my first year (away from the club). But I always worked hard because it was a dream to make a comeback, Giovinco told Tuttosport.

I never stopped loving Juventus. And a return the year after the club won the Scudetto is a dream come true.

I …

Buffon is the Maradona of goalkeepers – Nocerino

Gianluigi Buffon has been compared to Diego Maradona as Antonio Nocerino urged the Juventus and Italy great to delay retirement for another season.

Regarded as one of the all-time greats, Buffon is yet to decide on his future after celebrating his 40th birthday in January.

Despite his age, Buffon remains Juve s number one keeper and an integral member in their quest for Serie A and Champions League glory.

Buffon has made himself available for Italy having retired following their failure to qualify for the World Cup and his former Juventus and Azzurri team-mate wants him to continue in club football for another campaign, likening him to Argentine sensation and World Cup winner Maradona.

For me, Buffon is the Maradona of goalkeepers, Nocerino said in a…

Valverde wary of ´dangerous´ Napoli in Champions League last 16

Barcelona head coach Ernesto Valverde insists Napoli will be dangerous opponents in the Champions League last 16.

The Catalans were pitted against the Serie A side in Monday s knockout-stage draw in Nyon, with the first leg to take place at the San Paolo on February 25.

Napoli have endured a tough season domestically, their 2-1 loss at home to Parma on Saturday leaving them in eighth place, 18 points off leaders Inter and Juventus.

Despite some poor league results, which led to Carlo Ancelotti s departure as head coach and the appointment of Gennaro Gattuso, Napoli finished Champions League Group E unbeaten and are the only team to have beaten holders Liverpool in any competition this season.

Valverde believes Barca will need to be at their sharpest if th…

Dinamo Zagreb sign Angelo Henriquez on loan from Man United

Prva HNL champions Dinamo Zagreb have completed the signing of Manchester United forward Angelo Henriquez on a season-long deal.

The Chile international, 20, impressed while on loan at Liga Adelante side Real Zaragoza last term but is currently surplus to requirements at Old Trafford.

Since arriving from Universidad de Chile in 2012, Henriquez has not made a single first-team appearance for United.

I am happy with my arrival at Dinamo, with whom I want to do good things, Henriquez said.

I have a lot of motivation and I want to prove myself and I believe Dinamo is a great club for it.

Henriquez may still have a future at United but manager Louis van Gaal has reportedly told seven first-team players Anderson, Chicharito Hernandez, Ma…

Ujah agrees Werder transfer

Cologne striker Anthony Ujah is to join Bundesliga rivals Werder Bremen at the end of the season.

The Nigeria international has signed a four-year-contract at the Weserstadion.

Ujah joined Cologne from Mainz in July 2013 following a successful loan spell and has scored 12 goals this season.

Werder sporting director Rouven Schroder told the club s official website: He is a fast, prolific striker who can evolve with us.

Anthony has a very good profile, plays with a lot of passion, a lot of force, is very diligent, very good in the air.

We are convinced that Anthony Ujah fits our style of play.

Moutinho talks up Barcelona move

The agent of Porto star Joao Moutinho has revealed that his client would love to join Barcelona when he decides to leave the Dragons.

The Portugal international was on the verge of joining Tottenham on transfer deadline day, but the deal ultimately fell through.

Moutinho is now widely tipped to leave the Dragao in January and the player’s representative reveals that Zenit are keen on the 26-year-old.

“We will not deny that Zenit has had an active interest in Joao Moutinho,” agent Pini Zahavi .

“We will review the proposal in January. Zenit are a strong team and could be the next step in the player’s career.”

However, the Israeli also admitted that Barcelona are interested in his client, who in turn is keen on the switch to Camp Nou.

Rosell slams Man City, Arsenal

Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has accused Manchester City of building a team by simply offering players lots of money .

The Catalan club s chief dismissed City s transfer policy as an inflated version of Arsenal s approach to picking up academy talent, with Barcelona losing Cesc Fabregas to Arsenal in 2003.

The Spanish star rejoined his hometown side last year for a fee of 30 million pounds, and Rosell feels City – and by extension Arsenal – are simply using money to blow away the competition, whether it be at youth or senior level.

City are now doing at first team what Arsenal have been doing at academy – call players and offer them lots of money, he told Marca.

Barcelona lost Yaya Toure to Roberto Mancini s side in 2010 for an estimated fee…